1.____ Enter and post all transactions and cash receipts.
2.____ Calculate all finance charges for the final period using the Calculate Finance Charges
function on the Open Invoices menu.
3.____ Print customer statements from the Print Statements function on the Open Invoice menu
for the final period.
4.____ Print the following reports from the Management Reports menu:
- Customer Analysis Report to identify sales and profit amounts, number of invoices and
average invoice amounts for the period-to-date, quarter-to-date, and year-to-date, and last
- Print the AR Aged Trial Balance to reconcile General Ledger Accounts Receivable GL account
with the totals on the report.
- Print the Open Invoice Report to display the amount due after you post transactions,
customers that have open invoices, and summary invoice information.
- If you are using multicurrency, print the Gains and Losses Report to reconcile any
difference in currency to the General Ledger.
- Print the Detail History Report to view posted transactions. You must elect to save detail
history in Options and Interfaces in order to print this report.
5.____ Print the following summary reports from the Management Reports menu.
You must elect to save summary history in Options and Interfaces.
- AR Analysis Report to analyze receivables.
- Sales Analysis Report to analyze sales trends based on the last 12 months.
- Customer Activity Report to identify your top customers.
- Customer Sales Report to display the sales, gross profit and average income per customer.
6.____ Print the Tax Locations List from the System Manager Tax Setup menu for a record of the
accumulated sales and use tax information for each tax location.
7.____ BACK UP YOUR DATA FILES! The next step will make changes to
8.____ Use the Clear Tax function on the Tax Setup menu in System Manager to remove
the accumulated sales tax at the end of the tax reporting period.
CAUTION: Make sure you have printed a current Tax Locations
List because this function clears the accumulated sales and use tax amounts and these values
will no longer be available.
9.___ Select Period-End Maintenance in the Periodic Maintenance function from the Periodic
Processing menu (this is a single user function) to perform the following tasks:
10.___ Select the Purge Quotes function from the Periodic Maintenance menu to purge quotes
prior to the date selected if you are using Sales Order.
- Change the status of invoices paid in full to paid.
- Accumulate balance totals for balance forward customers.
- Age the customer balances.
- Update customer credit status.
- Clear period-to-date and year-to-date sales amounts from the sales rep records.
- Post finance charges to the current period.
- Compare the balances in the customer record to the balances in the open invoice file and
correct any discrepancies.
- Delete paid invoices before a specified date. If a date is not specified and check box is
not selected, paid invoices will not be removed.
- Delete summary and detail sales history before a specified date. If a date is not specified
and check box is not selected, history will not be removed.
- Delete Customer Detail History before the year you specify. If a year is not specified and
check box is not selected, history will not be removed.
- Purge recurring entries for specified cutoff date. If a date is not specified and check box
is not selected, recurring entries will not be removed.
- Clear Year-To-Date finance charges. This step is recommended at the end of the fiscal
- Clear Sales Rep Year-To-Date totals
11.___ Delete inactive customers using the Customers function on the Setup and Maintenance
menu. Select the inactive customer, then use the delete function key to delete the inactive
customer. This step is optional.
Note: Customers must have 0 for an outstanding balance before they can be deleted.